Your can impress you Valentine or your dinner guests with this light refreshing healthful dessert. It is surprisingly easy to make.
1 pound frozen unsweetened strawberries (do not thaw) 1 tablespoon lemon juice 2/3 cup (1/2 of a 14 ounce can) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
Place frozen strawberries in large food processor. (Do not thaw the strawberries.) Process until finely chopped. Add lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk. Process just until smooth. Serve immediately or store in freezer in a covered bowl.
If frozen, thaw slightly in the refrigerator or at room temperature before serving.
To serve, scoop frozen strawberry ice into serving chilled bowls or goblets.
Note: This recipe can be easily doubled. Store in a covered container in the freezer until ready to serve. Allow to thaw slightly before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 160 Fat, gm. 0 Protein, gm. 3 Carbs, gm. 36 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm. 1.5
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes