This is a light summer pie that is super easy to prepare. The crunchy pretzel crust adds a nice contrast to the smooth filling. This is not your typical overly sweet dessert. Note that it is low in carbs.
Crust1 cup(1-½ ounces) pretzels 1 cup rice krispies cereal 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Filling1 box (1/3 ounce) sugar free strawberry gelatin dessert powder 1 cup boiling water 6 ounces fat-free vanilla yogurt 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small food processor, chop pretzels. Add rice krispies and melted butter. Process until well mixed. Spoon into 9 inch pie pan and press firmly into bottom and sides of the pan. Bake for 8 - 12 minutes or just until beginning to brown. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
In a medium bowl, combine gelatin powder and boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Let cool for 10 - 15 minutes. Add yogurt and mix well. Refrigerate 15 - 30 minutes or until thickened but not completely set. Using an electric mixer, beat gelatin mixture for 4 - 5 minutes or until about double in volume. Add strawberries and stir to mix. Spoon into crust. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 110 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 12 Cholesterol, mg.: 15 Fiber, gm.: 1.4
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial