This is a case when simple is best. It is a good thing these strawberries are so low in calories because when I make it, I can't stop eating it. What a treat to have for breakfast on yogurt or on oatmeal. It can also be great dessert served on ice cream or cake.
1/2 cup sugar-free apricot preserved
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
In a large bowl, combine apricot preserves, water, cinnamon, and allspice. Stir to mix well. Add strawberries and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with vanilla yogurt, ice cream, or as a sauce on angel food cake.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 65 Fat, gm. 0 Protein, gm. 1 Carbs, gm. 15 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm. 3.4
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash