This is a case when simple is best. It is a good thing these strawberries are so low in calories because when I make it, I can't stop eating it. What a treat to have for breakfast on yogurt or on oatmeal. It can also be great dessert served on ice cream or cake.
1/2 cup sugar-free apricot preserved
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
In a large bowl, combine apricot preserves, water, cinnamon, and allspice. Stir to mix well. Add strawberries and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with vanilla yogurt, ice cream, or as a sauce on angel food cake.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 65 Fat, gm. 0 Protein, gm. 1 Carbs, gm. 15 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm. 3.4
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists