This is not only a super attractive salad but it is full of flavor and healthful ingredients. The pomegranate dressing is a winner!
2 cups fresh strawberries 1 apple, cored and thinly slices 9 ounces (about 12 cups) fresh spinach 1/2 cup chopped pecans 1/3 cup crumbled fat-free feta or blue cheese
Dressing1 cup pomegranate juice 2 tablespoons wine vinegar 2 tablespoons honey 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a large salad bowl, combine strawberries, apple, spinach, pecans, and cheese. When ready to serve, drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss to mix well.
Dressing: In a small saucepan, add pomegranate juice. Bring to a boil and continue to boil gently until it is reduced to 1/3 - 1/2 cup. Add remaining ingredients. Using a hand held immersion blender or a small food processor, blend mixture until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
If made ahead, store in a covered jar and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 155 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 20 Carbs, gm.: 0 Cholesterol, mg.: 3.0 Fiber, gm.: 8
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later