I enjoyed this elegant dessert recently in a French restaurant. I loved it, but it was high in fat and calories. I adapted it and made it with fat-free sour cream and less sugar. Now it not only tastes wonderful, but it is low in calories too.
2 tablespoons brown sugar 2 tablespoons Splenda or 2 more tablespoons brown sugar 1/4 cup brandy or pomegranate juice 1 cup fat-free or regular sour cream 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced dash nutmeg, optional
In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, Splenda, and brandy. Place over low heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sugar has melted. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. In a small bowl, combine sugar-brandy mixture with the sour cream. Cover and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, place strawberries in individual glass dessert bowls or large wine goblets. Spoon a dollop of sour cream mixture on top. Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 75 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 2 Carb, gm.: 17 Cholesterol: 5 Fiber, gm.: 2.2
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement