I enjoyed this elegant dessert in a French restaurant but it seemed so high in calories. I recently met the chef who shared the recipe and I made some changes. Now it not only tastes wonderful, but it is lower in calories too.
2 tablespoons brown sugar 3 tablespoon Splenda or additional brown sugar 2 tablespoons brandy 1 cup fat-free sour cream 6 cups fresh strawberries, sliced dash nutmeg, optional
In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and brandy. Place over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar has melted. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.*
In a small bowl, combine sugar-brandy mixture with the sour cream. Cover and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, layer strawberries and sour cream mixture alternately in individual glass dessert bowls or large wine goblets. Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.
*Note: If the brandy sugar mixture crystallizes before you have added the sour cream, reheat the mixture to melt the sugar again.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 115 Fat, gm.: 0 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 20 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber, gm.: 3.2
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say