Make squash taste so good baked with diced apples and a touch of sugar.
2 medium apples, cored and chopped 3 tablespoons butter or margarine 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture 1 box (12 ounces) frozen mashed squash, thawed 1/4 cup flour 2 tablespoons brown sugar 1 egg 1/2 cup fat-free milk 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a pie pan or an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
In a large skillet combine diced apples and butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat until apples are tender. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in apples. Spoon into baking pan. Bake for 40 -50 minutes or until set in the middle. Use a spoon to scoop out individual servings.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 200 Fat, gm.: 10 Protein, gm.: 4 Carbs, gm.: 25 Cholesterol, mg.: 70 Fiber, gm.: 3.3
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out