There are lots of spinach salad recipes but this one has the added color and textures of the apples and cranberries and combines it with a light warm dressing.
10 ounces fresh spinach 1 small red onion, thinly sliced 1/2 cup dried cranberries 1 large red apples, sliced 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Dressing:2/3 cup balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons Splenda or sugar 1/4 cup cranberry juice 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 1/4 cup low fat sour cream salt and pepper to taste
On individual salad serving plates, arrange distribute spinach. Arrange onions, cranberries, apples, and bacon on top.
In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, Splenda, juice, and mustard. Bring to a boil and continue to boil gently for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle desired amount over the individual plates of spinach.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 95 Fat, gm.: 2 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 17 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber, gm. 2.7
- Police: Woman stabbed with scissors in neck by her boyfriend
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles