There are lots of spinach salad recipes but this one has the added color and textures of the apples and cranberries and combines it with a light warm dressing.
10 ounces fresh spinach 1 small red onion, thinly sliced 1/2 cup dried cranberries 1 large red apples, sliced 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Dressing:2/3 cup balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons Splenda or sugar 1/4 cup cranberry juice 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 1/4 cup low fat sour cream salt and pepper to taste
On individual salad serving plates, arrange distribute spinach. Arrange onions, cranberries, apples, and bacon on top.
In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, Splenda, juice, and mustard. Bring to a boil and continue to boil gently for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle desired amount over the individual plates of spinach.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 95 Fat, gm.: 2 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 17 Cholesterol, mg.: 5 Fiber, gm. 2.7
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime
- Oakcrest Tavern robbed at gunpoint at closing time, PD says
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park