This recipe received one of the top prizes in the 2004 National Mustard Day cook-off contest at the Mustard Museum in Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin. For the best flavor, choose a good quality, hot horseradish mustard to use in this recipe.
16 ounce package fresh baby spinach
2 medium pears, cored and diced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
1/2 teaspoon hot horseradish mustard (add more to taste)*
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Place spinach and pears in a large salad bowl. Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth. Taste dressing and additional mustard to suit your taste. Pour desired amount of dressing over spinach mixture and toss to coat. Makes 1 cup of dressing.
*Maline Robinson of Dodgeville Wisconsin used Royal Bohemian XXX Hot Horseradish Mustard to create this prize winning recipe.
Serves 8 (2 tablespoons dressing per serving)
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 140 Fat, gm. 9 Protein, gm. 2 Carbs, gm. 13 Cholesterol, mg. 2 Fiber, gm. 2.1
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in