A full-flavored chili with a rich creamy consistency.
1 pound extra lean ground beef
salt and pepper
1 large onion, finely chopped
30 ounce can seasoned diced tomatoes
15 ounce can fat-free refried beans
2 cups water
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
15 ounce can black beans. drained
4 ounce can green chilies, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar or molasses, optional
In a large heavy saucepan, brown meat. Stir meat as it cooks to break up into small pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add all remaining ingredients except sugar. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until flavors blend and it reaches the desired consistency. Add extra water if needed. Check for seasoning and add extra chili powder or extra sweetness to taste.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 325 Fat, gm. 14 Protein, gm. 23 Carbohydrates, gm. 27 Cholesterol, mg. 50 Fiber, gm. 9
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash