This spice mixture gives the pork an extra special good flavor. The spices also works great with pork loin chops.
2 ½ pounds boneless pork loin or pork chops
Spice Rub 1 teaspoon paprika 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Trim pork loin of any excess fat. In a small cup, combine all spice rub ingredients. Rub seasoning mixture over all parts of the loin roast.
Heat grill to medium. Place pork on grill. Turn occasionally and watch carefully to prevent burning. Use a meat thermometer or an instant-read thermometer and cook to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
Remove from grill and let set for 10 minutes before cutting.
Note: For pork chops, coat each piece of meat on both sides with the spice mixture. Cook on the grill or in a skillet with a small amount of canola oil.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 240 Fat, gm.: 15 Protein, gm.: 25 Carbs, gm.: 1 Cholesterol, mg.: 75 Fiber, gm.: 0
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing