You can't feel guilty enjoying this great tasting appetizer!
8 ounces baguette bread olive oil spray 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise 1/8 teaspoon white pepper 1/8 teaspoon dill weed 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped 2 tablespoons capers, drained 3 ounces smoked salmon, crumbled 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat broiler. Cut bread into 20 thin slices. Place on baking sheet and lightly spray both sides of bread slices with olive oil spray.
Place under broiler and toast on both sides. Remove from oven and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, white pepper, dill weed, thyme, onions, and capers. Stir to mix well. Stir in salmon. Spread a layer of the mixture on one side of the toasted bread slices. Spread completely to cover the edges. (This will prevent the edges of the bread from burning.)
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on baking sheet and broil until heated through and slightly brown on top.
Nutritional Information per piece: Calories 50 Fat, gm. 1 Protein, gm. 3 Carb. gm. 7 Cholesterol, mg. 5 Fiber, gm. 0.4
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say