This is a very special appetizer that will not last long at your party. It is also a wonderful way to prepare shrimp to serve as an elegant entrée. It surely is fast and easy. Chris Anderson in Merrimac shared this recipe.
2 pounds peeled large shrimp 1/2 cup olive oil 1 tablespoon lemon juice 2 teaspoons minced garlic 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1/2 teaspoon thyme 1/2 teaspoon cumin 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes 1/4 cup fine bread crumbs dash salt dash freshly ground pepper
Clean and devein fresh shrimp. Place in zip lock bag. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Spoon into bag with shrimp. Toss to coat well. Marinate at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
When ready to serve, preheat oven broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly grease foil.
Remove shrimp from bag and place on baking sheet. Broil for 5 -8 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Do not over-cook or the shrimp will be tough.
Serve as an appetizer with cocktail bread.
Serves 10 as an appetizer
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 145 Fat, gm. 7 Protein, gm. 18 Carbs, gm. 3 Cholesterol, mg. 15 Fiber, gm. 0.2
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in