Impress your guests with these colorful appetizer kabobs. Serve them with a wonderful, slightly sweet, dipping sauce.
8 large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined 1/2 large green pepper, cut in thick slices 1/2 large red pepper, cut in thick slices 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks
1/2 cup fat-free or low fat mayonnaise 2 tablespoons sugar free apricot preserves 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Preheat oven broiler. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with cooking oil spray. On wooden or metal skewers, thread a piece of green pepper, a shrimp, a piece of red pepper, and a pineapple chunk. Repeat until skewer is full. Prepare remaining skewers.
In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Mix until smooth. Brush each filled skewer of shrimp and peppers with sauce. Place filled skewers on foil lined pan and broil in the oven or place over medium heat on the grill. Broil for about 5 minutes or until vegetables and shrimp are beginning to brown. Turn as needed. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
Serve extra sauce on the side for dipping.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 100 Fat, gm.: 1 Protein, gm.: 11 Carbs, gm.: 12 Cholesterol, mg.: 80 Fiber, gm.: 0.9
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK