This soup has a wonderful delicate flavor. Most bisque type cream soups are high in fat and calories but this one is a calorie bargain!
1 tablespoon butter or margarine 1 large onion, chopped 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 can (46 ounces) fat-free chicken broth 1/2 cup white rice 2 tablespoons tomato paste 12 ounces cooked or uncooked shrimp, divided 2 cups fat-free or regular half and half 1/4 teaspoon white pepper salt to taste dash cayenne pepper to taste 2 tablespoons dry sherry, optional
In a large saucepan or soup pot, melt butter, Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add broth and rice. Cook 20 minutes or until rice is very tender. Add tomato paste and 4 ounces of the shrimp. Heat through. Using a hand-held immersion blender, puree soup. Add half and half and white pepper -- when ready to serve add remaining shrimp. Heat through. Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Add sherry if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 180 Fat, gm. 3 Protein, gm. 16 Carbs, gm. 20 Cholesterol, mg. 115 Fiber, gm. 0.7
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth