Impress your family and friends with this super easy flavorful soup.
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 medium onion, thinly sliced 3 large carrots, finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil 49 ounces fat-free chicken broth 3 ounces pasta shells, (1 cup dried) 1 pound shrimp, cooked and peeled, tail removed 3/4 cup at-free half and half 1/4 cup dry sherry salt and freshly ground pepper to taste 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, optional
In a large saucepan or soup pot, heat oil. Add onions and carrots.. Cook until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add parsley, basil, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
Add pasta shell and boil gently until pasta is al dente. Add shrimp, half and half, and sherry. Heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving add spinach if desired. Heat while stirring just until spinach is wilted.
Note: Cooked scallops may be added to this soup.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories Fat, gm. Protein, gm. Carb. gm. Cholesterol, mg. Fiber 295 5 30 32 175 2.7 gm.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say