This is a tasty brunch or luncheon dish. It has a great combination of flavors.
Ham, chicken or turkey can be substituted for the shrimp. I often make one ham quiche and one shrimp quiche to keep my family happy.
1-9 inch prepared pie crust 4 slices turkey bacon 1 cup Egg Beaters or 4 eggs, lightly beaten 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated fat-free milk 1/2 teaspoon dill weed 1/8 teaspoon white pepper 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 pound fresh asparagus cut in 1/2 inch pieces 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced 1/2 pound cooked peeled shrimp 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese*, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie crust into 9 inch deep pie pan.
Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and crumble.
In a large bowl, combine bacon, eggs, milk, dill weed, white pepper, black pepper, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain well.
Add asparagus, red pepper, shrimp, and half of the cheese to the egg mixture. Pour into pie pan. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until set in the middle and lightly brown on top.
Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
*Other cheeses can be substituted such as cheddar, mozzarella, or Monterey Jack.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 325 Fat, gm.: 15 Protein, gm.: 23 Carbs, gm.: 25 Cholesterol, mg.: 90 Fiber, gm.: 0.7
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet