This is a fun spring brunch or luncheon dish. It is a great combination of flavors.
1-9 inch prepared pie crust
4 slices bacon
4 eggs, lightly beaten
12 ounces evaporated fat-free milk
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound fresh asparagus, diced in ¼ inch pieces
1/2 pound cooked shrimp
4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie crust into 9 inch deep pie pan. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and crumble. In a large bowl, combine bacon, eggs, milk, dill weed, white pepper, black pepper, and salt. Mix well.
Stir in asparagus, shrimp, and half of the cheese. Pour into pie pan. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until set in the middle and lightly brown on top. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 18
Protein, gm. 24
Carbs, gm. 23
Cholesterol, mg. 215
Fiber, gm. 0.4
More Donna's Recipes
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas