Do you have some leftover Easter eggs? This is a quick way to transform them into an interesting breakfast meal.
12 ounces low-fat turkey sausage
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Sauce - optional
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup fat-free milk
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 7 x 11 inch baking pan. Divide sausage into 6 equal portions. Using your hands, wrap 2 ounces of sausage around each egg. Set aside. Place bread crumbs in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine egg, water, and mustard.
Stir to mix. Take each sausage wrapped egg and roll in beaten egg mixture and then roll in bread crumbs. Place on baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until brown on all sides. Turn every 10 minutes. Cut in half lengthwise and serve with sauce if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving without sauce:
Fat, gm. 10
Protein, gm. 15
Carbs, gm. 6
Cholesterol, mg. 250
Fiber, gm. .03
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement