These will be the hit of the party.
4 pounds fresh whole mushrooms
16 ounces low-fat Italian sausage
16 ounces low-fat turkey sausage
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
dash Tabasco sauce to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 2 wire cooking racks on top of a large baking sheet with sides. Wash mushrooms and remove base stem. Discard stems and set caps aside. In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Fill each mushroom cap with sausage mixture. Press in firmly.
Place each filled mushroom on the rack. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until sausage in completely done and mushroom is tender. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Note: These may be made ahead and reheated with a small amount of broth in a crock pot or over low heat in a saucepan on the stove.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 11
Protein, gm. 9
Carbohydrates, gm. 6
Cholesterol, mg. 45
Fiber, gm. 1.1
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff