This is an easy to make breakfast dish that has an extra special flavor. Note that it looks like a pie but there is no high fat crust.
1/2 tablespoon canola oil 1 medium onion, chopped 8 ounces turkey sausage 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper 3/4 cup herb-seasoned stuffing cubes 1/2 box (5 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided 3/4 cup Egg Beaters or 3 eggs 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a deep 9 inch pie pan. In a medium skillet, heat oil. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add sausage and cook until lightly brown. Crumble sausage. Add poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix well. Add stuffing cubes, spinach, and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir to mix. Spoon into pie pan.
In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk. Beat well. Pour over spinach mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 40 - 45 minutes or until lightly brown on top and set in the middle.
Let stand 5 - 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 260 Fat, gm.: 14 Protein, gm.: 18 Carbs, gm.: 16 Cholesterol, mg.: 20 Fiber, gm.: 1.1
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion