The salmon is complimented with this delicate sweet sauce. This is a fast and easy recipe to prepare yet it is so special.
1 ½ pounds skinless salmon fillets* salt and pepper 1 tablespoon canola oil
Topping: 1/2 cup seedless, sugar-free blackberry jam 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Cut salmon into individual sized serving pieces. Place on a plate and season with salt and pepper on each side. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil. Add salmon and cook over medium heat until salmon is lightly brown on all sides and cooked through in the middle.
While salmon is cooking, combine jam and vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil while stirring. Continue to boil mixture for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
When ready to serve salmon, top with warm blackberry sauce. Whisk or re-warm the sauce if it has thickened.
*If the salmon has skin on one side, first cook the salmon with the skin-side down in the pan. Turn salmon and remove the skin and any dark colored flesh. Salt and pepper that side and turn it to brown in the pan.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 220 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 34 Carbs, gm.: 7 Cholesterol, mg.: 60 Fiber, gm.: 0
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'