Pan sauté salmon and shrimp and serve with his wonderful apricot sauce. It is super easy to prepare. The salmon and shrimp can also be grilled if desired.
2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed 6 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined seasoned salt (e.g. Lawrey?s) and pepper to taste
Sauce:1/2 cup apricot preserves, sugar free 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1 tablespoon orange juice or other fruit juice, optional
1/2 tablespoon canola oil
Sprinkle salmon and shrimp with seasoned salt and pepper. Set aside while preparing sauce.
In a small saucepan, combine apricot preserves, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger. Stir over medium heat just until preserves have melted. Set aside.
In a small non-stick skillet, heat oil. Add salmon and shrimp. Cook over medium heat until shrimp have turned pink. Remove from skillet when done and place on serving plate. Continue to cook salmon until brown on both sides and cooked to your desired doneness in the middle. Use a spatula to gently turn fillets. Remove from pan and place on serving plate.
Serve with warm apricot sauce. If sauce is too thick, add orange juice to thin.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 350 Fat, gm.: 8 Protein, gm.: 50 Carbs, gm.: 20 Cholesterol, mg.: 210 Fiber, gm.: 0.1
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes