This is an easy-to-make appetizer with lots of flavor. It is always the hit of the party.
1/2 tablespoon canola oil 1 medium onion, finely chopped 1 cup fat-free sour cream 1 cup low fat mayonnaise 16 ounces canned sauerkraut, drained 1/3 pound chipped beef, chopped 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese 2 tablespoons creamy horseradish 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, optional salt and hot pepper sauce to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 7 x 11 inch baking dish. In a small skillet, heat oil. Add onions and cook over medium heat until translucent. In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Add onions and all remaining ingredients.
Stir until well mixed. Add salt and hot pepper sauce to taste. Spoon into baking pan. Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with small rye crackers.
Nutritional Information per serving without the crackers: Calories 70 Fat, gm. 3 Protein, gm. 5 Carb. gm. 7 Cholesterol, mg. 15 Fiber, gm. 0.7
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say