This is an easy-to-make appetizer with lots of flavor. It is always the hit of the party.
1/2 tablespoon canola oil 1 medium onion, finely chopped 1 cup fat-free sour cream 1 cup low fat mayonnaise 16 ounces canned sauerkraut, drained 1/3 pound chipped beef, chopped 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese 2 tablespoons creamy horseradish 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, optional salt and hot pepper sauce to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 7 x 11 inch baking dish. In a small skillet, heat oil. Add onions and cook over medium heat until translucent. In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Add onions and all remaining ingredients.
Stir until well mixed. Add salt and hot pepper sauce to taste. Spoon into baking pan. Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with small rye crackers.
Nutritional Information per serving without the crackers: Calories 70 Fat, gm. 3 Protein, gm. 5 Carb. gm. 7 Cholesterol, mg. 15 Fiber, gm. 0.7
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads