This is the perfect fall meal. Cut up the vegetables and marinate the chicken ahead of time. It will be ready to bake for an easy flavorful supper.
3 tablespoons canola oil 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1 teaspoon honey 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 8 small red potatoes, quartered 2 medium onions, quartered (or 1 cup pearl onions) 4 cups butternut squash, cut in small cubes 1 medium red pepper, sliced 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 teaspoons seasoned salt or to taste 1/2 teaspoon pepper oil spray 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Combine olive oil, mustard, vinegar, and honey in a small food processor. Blend until smooth. Place in zip lock bag. Cut chicken breasts in 2 inch strips. Place chicken in bag and mix with the oil dressing. Refrigerate an hour or until ready to bake. Microwave potatoes just until potatoes are beginning to be tender. Place potatoes, onions, squash, red pepper, olive oil, seasoned salt, and pepper in a zip lock bag. Toss to coat vegetables. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place vegetables in deep 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Place chicken on top. Drizzle with remaining marinade mixture. Spray lightly with oil spray. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir vegetables occasionally. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 480 Fat, gm.: 19 Protein, gm.: 26 Carbs, gm.: 52 Cholesterol, mg.: 50 Fiber, gm.: 4.7
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say