This is a healthful combination of peppers and beans. Serve it as an appetizer with crackers or spread it on pita bread for lunch.
4 ounces canned, roasted red peppers (2 peppers) 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained 1/4 cup parsley 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon sesame or olive oil 1 teaspoon lemon juice 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar 1/2 teaspoon cumin dash hot sauce to taste salt and pepper to taste 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, optional
In a food processor, combine peppers, beans, parsley, garlic, oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and cumin. Blend until smooth. Add hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in onions if desired.
Serve with pieces of pita bread, toasted baguettes, or crackers.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 45 Fat, gm.: 0.5 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 8 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.0
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm