This is a healthful combination of peppers and beans. Serve it as an appetizer with crackers or spread it on pita bread for lunch.
4 ounces canned, roasted red peppers (2 peppers) 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained 1/4 cup parsley 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon sesame or olive oil 1 teaspoon lemon juice 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar 1/2 teaspoon cumin dash hot sauce to taste salt and pepper to taste 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, optional
In a food processor, combine peppers, beans, parsley, garlic, oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and cumin. Blend until smooth. Add hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in onions if desired.
Serve with pieces of pita bread, toasted baguettes, or crackers.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 45 Fat, gm.: 0.5 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 8 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 2.0
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter