You will love eating your vegetables with this special roasted flavor.
1 pound fresh asparagus
1 medium red pepper, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Snap tough ends from bottom of fresh asparagus stalks. Discard ends. Place asparagus stalks and red pepper slices in Pyrex baking pan. Combine oil and vinegar in small custard cup. Pour over toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly brown. Stir occasionally while baking.
Note: If asparagus stalks are large, they can be peeled with a potato peeler.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 4
Protein, gm. 1
Carbs, gm. 3
Cholesterol, mg. 0
Fiber, gm. 1.1
More Donna's Recipes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry