Spring is here when the rhubarb is ready to pick. Serve this as a dessert sauce or serve it over grilled chicken or pork. It is a calorie bargain when you make it with Splenda.
3 cups rhubarb, diced 3/4 cup Splenda or sugar 1/2 cup orange juice 1 tablespoon tapioca
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Serve warm sauce over grilled chicken or pork tenderloin. Store any left-over sauce in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 55 Fat, gm. 0 Protein, gm. 1 Carbs, gm. 14 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm. 1.3
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say