This is a fantastic sauce that can dress up your Easter ham or any other meal with pork or poultry. The flavor is addicting.
4 cups diced rhubarb, fresh or frozen 1 medium onion, finely chopped 1 cup cider vinegar 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon cloves 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 to 1/2 cup Splenda or sugar, to taste
Combine rhubarb, onion, vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil. Continue to boil gently for 1 hour or until mixture thickens to desired consistency.
Stir mixture frequently. Remove from heat and add Splenda or sugar to taste.
Serve with meat or poultry.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories, 75 Fat, gm. 0 Protein, gm. 1 Carbs, gm. 18 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm. 1.5
Donna L. Weihofen, R.D., M.S. Nutritionist, University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK