I love rhubarb pie and this really is my favorite.
1/2 cup sugar 1 cup Splenda or additional sugar 2 tablespoons flour 1 teaspoon cinnamon dash salt 5 cups fresh or unthawed frozen rhubarb, cut in 1/2" pieces 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inch)
Crumble Topping1/4 cup rolled oats 1/4 cup flour 2 tablespoon brown sugar 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 425 degree. Combine sugar, Splenda, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add rhubarb. Mix egg with vanilla and stir into rhubarb. Gently mix well. Spoon into unbaked pie shell.
Combine rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add butter and cut in with a knife or a pastry blender until it resembles course cornmeal. Spoon evenly over rhubarb. Loosely cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 60 ? 80 minutes or until it is set in the middle. Completely cool before cutting into pieces.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 260 Fat, gm.: 11 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 38 Cholesterol, mg.: 30 Fiber, gm.: 1.8
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads