I love rhubarb pie and this really is my favorite.
1/2 cup sugar 1 cup Splenda or additional sugar 2 tablespoons flour 1 teaspoon cinnamon dash salt 5 cups fresh or unthawed frozen rhubarb, cut in 1/2" pieces 1 large egg, lightly beaten 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inch)
Crumble Topping1/4 cup rolled oats 1/4 cup flour 2 tablespoon brown sugar 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 425 degree. Combine sugar, Splenda, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add rhubarb. Mix egg with vanilla and stir into rhubarb. Gently mix well. Spoon into unbaked pie shell.
Combine rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add butter and cut in with a knife or a pastry blender until it resembles course cornmeal. Spoon evenly over rhubarb. Loosely cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 60 ? 80 minutes or until it is set in the middle. Completely cool before cutting into pieces.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 260 Fat, gm.: 11 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 38 Cholesterol, mg.: 30 Fiber, gm.: 1.8
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime