This is a wonderful combination of flavors. It is a combination of just a touch of tart flavor with a touch or sweetness.
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cups diced rhubarb
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup golden raisins
3/4 cup Splenda or sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
In a medium saucepan, heat butter. Add onions and cook over medium heat until translucent. Add all remaining ingredients. Cover pan and bring to a boil. Uncover pan and cook 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is tender and sauce is reduced to desired consistency.
Serve with pork or chicken.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 1
Protein, gm. 1
Carbs, gm. 19
Cholesterol, mg. 0
Fiber, gm. 1.8
More Donna's Recipes
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes