1/2 loaf of frozen bread dough, thawed 1 egg 1/2 teaspoon dill weed 1/4 cup low fat thousand island salad dressing 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided 6 ounces lean ham, diced 1 cup sauerkraut, well drained 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking pan or cookie sheet. Divide a loaf of thawed bread dough in half. Place the dough on the baking pan and roll or pat it into a 9 inch circle. In a small bowl, beat egg and dill weed together. Using a pastry brush, spread a thin layer of egg on the dough. Prick generously with a fork. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from oven, Spread dressing over hot crust. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Arrange ham or corned beef over cheese. Top with sauerkraut and sprinkle with caraway seed if desired. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 10-20 minutes or until bread is heated through and cheese is lightly brown.
Note: Change the amounts of dressing, meat, cheese, and sauerkraut to suit your individual tastes.
Calories: 160 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 10 Carbs, gm.: 16 Cholesterol, mg.: 35 Fiber, gm.: 0.9
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River