Peach Blueberry Pie
This is a wonderful pie that will receive rave reviews. Make it easy and save calories using only one pre-made pie crust. Enjoy fresh peaches when they are in season.
1 - 9 inch pie crust 4 cups frozen or fresh peach slices (4 large or 8 small fresh peaches) * 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1/3 cup butter or margarine 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup Splenda or white sugar 1 egg 1/3 cup flour 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie crust into 9 inch deep pie pan. Peel peaches. Cut into thin slices and then cut each slice into 1 inch pieces. Place in large bowl. Add blueberries and lemon juice. Stir to mix. Spoon into pie crust. In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and Splenda. Beat until smooth. Add egg and beat well. Add flour, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Using a spoon, drop batter on top of peaches. Smooth with a knife. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until pie crust is brown and batter is set.
Note: If using fresh peaches, cut away the fibrous red material in the middle of the peach. If using frozen peaches, cut them into 1 inch pieces for better baking.
Nutritional Information per serving:Calories-250 Fat, gm.-14 Protein, gm.-3 Carbs, gm.-28 Cholesterol, mg.-40 Fiber, gm.-1.2
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need