WISC-TV reporter Marc Lovicott shared this recipe from his grandmother, Millie Herring. She layers the dry ingredients in a quart jar and gives it away for presents to her family and friends. What a treat to have all the homemade brownies just by adding butter and eggs!
1-1/4 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 2-1/4 cups sugar 2/3 cup cocoa powder 1 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened 4 eggs
In a quart jar, layer the dry ingredients of the brownie mix. Cover jar and set aside.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan or two 8 x 8 inch baking pans.
In a large bowl, cream butter and eggs. When smooth, add brownie mix and stir until mixture is well blended. Spread in baking pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Do not over bake.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 115 Fat, gm. 5 Protein, gm. 1.5 Carbs, gm. 16 Cholesterol, mg. 30 Fiber, gm. 0.6
Donna L. Weihofen, R.D., M.S. Nutritionist, University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says