The combination of apples and raspberries with a light streusel topping is the perfect sweet treat.
Filling 5 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1? pieces 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen raspberries without sugar 1/2 cup Splenda or sugar* 2 tablespoons regular white sugar* 1 tablespoon flour 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon salt
Topping 3/4 cup flour 1/3 cup rolled oats 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13 baking pan. In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Stir to mix. Spoon into baking pan.
In a small food processor, combine all topping ingredients. Process until finely ground. Sprinkle on top of filling. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until apples are tender and mixture is bubbling.
Note: When I use Splenda, I often also use a small amount of regular sugar for a more natural flavor. In this recipe, consider the tartness of the apples you are using and alter the amount of Splenda or sugar to suit your tastes
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 160 Fat, gm. 3 Protein, gm. 2 Carbs, gm. 32 Cholesterol, mg. 8 Fiber, gm. 1.8
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes