Enjoy this creamy, smooth, great tasting cheesecake that is much lower in fat than most cheesecakes. You can purchase the pumpkin butter or make your own.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, 9 inch
- 1 package (8 ounces) Neufchatel cheese (reduced fat cream cheese)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar (9 ounces) pumpkin butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare graham cracker crust according to package directions or purchase a prepared piecrust. Set aside. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Beat until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add 3/4 cup pumpkin butter to the cream cheese mixture. Beat until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake for 40 ? 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. While pie is baking, combine topping ingredients in a small bowl. Remove pie from oven when done and crumble topping mixture on top of pie. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until butter and sugar melts. Remove from oven and cool. Chill before serving.
Note: To make your own lower calorie pumpkin butter, combine the following ingredients together in a small saucepan. Boil gently for 20 minutes or until mixture thickens.
1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend or 1/2 cup regular brown sugar, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Use ¾ cup of the mixture for this cheesecake recipe.
Serves 8 Nutritional Information per serving with homemade pumpkin butter:
Calories 335 Fat, gm. 19 Protein, gm. 6 Carbs, gm. 35 Cholesterol, mg. 75 Fiber, gm. 1.0
Serves 8 Nutritional Information per serving with commercial pumpkin butter:
Calories 395 Fat, gm. 19 Protein, gm. 6 Carbs, gm. 50 Cholesterol, mg. 75 Fiber, gm. 1.0
Note from Donna: I have lots more recipes available in my MOM'S UPDATED RECIPE BOX 2nd edition cookbook. There are 300 recipes that are healthy, modern versions of all your family's favorite homestyle recipes. If you would like a copy, I can send it to you and you can return a check after you receive it. - $15 plus $1.50 postage.
Please call me at (608) 263-9128 or email me at
Thanks, Donna Weihofen
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer