Ingredients: 1 tablespoon butter or margarine 1 medium onion, chopped 2 teaspoons minced garlic 2 cans (15 ounces each) fat-free chicken broth 1 can (15 ounces) pureed pumpkin or 2 cups fresh mashed pumpkin 1 large potato, peeled and chopped sprig of fresh rosemary, optional 1 cup fat-free milk or evaporated milk 1/2 teaspoon dill weed dash white pepper salt and pepper to taste 2 tablespoon dry sherry, optional croutons for garnish parsley for garnish
In a large pan, heat butter, Add onion and cook until translucent.
Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add broth, pumpkin, potato, and rosemary.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and boil gently for 30 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
Remove from heat and add milk.
Remove rosemary sprig.
Using an immersion hand-held blender, process until smooth.
Add dill weed and white pepper.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Keep warm until ready to serve.
If soup is too thick, add additional milk or broth to thin to desired consistency. Add sherry if desired.
Serve with croutons and a sprig of parsley or fresh herbs.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories - 155 Fat, gm. - 4 Protein, gm. - 7 Carbs, gm. - 23 Cholesterol, mg. - 10 Fiber, gm. - 3.8
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them