Ingredients: 1 tablespoon butter or margarine 1 medium onion, chopped 2 teaspoons minced garlic 2 cans (15 ounces each) fat-free chicken broth 1 can (15 ounces) pureed pumpkin or 2 cups fresh mashed pumpkin 1 large potato, peeled and chopped sprig of fresh rosemary, optional 1 cup fat-free milk or evaporated milk 1/2 teaspoon dill weed dash white pepper salt and pepper to taste 2 tablespoon dry sherry, optional croutons for garnish parsley for garnish
In a large pan, heat butter, Add onion and cook until translucent.
Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add broth, pumpkin, potato, and rosemary.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and boil gently for 30 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
Remove from heat and add milk.
Remove rosemary sprig.
Using an immersion hand-held blender, process until smooth.
Add dill weed and white pepper.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Keep warm until ready to serve.
If soup is too thick, add additional milk or broth to thin to desired consistency. Add sherry if desired.
Serve with croutons and a sprig of parsley or fresh herbs.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories - 155 Fat, gm. - 4 Protein, gm. - 7 Carbs, gm. - 23 Cholesterol, mg. - 10 Fiber, gm. - 3.8
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue