Bottom Crust 1 package (18 ounces) yellow cake mix, divided 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened 1 egg
Filling 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin or 3-3/4 cups fresh mashed pumpkin 2 eggs 3/4 cup Splenda or sugar 1/2 cup fat-free milk or evaporated milk 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 2 t. cinnamon, ¼ t. nutmeg, and ¼ t. cloves) 1 teaspoon vanilla
Topping 1/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup flour 3/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. (Do not bake at a higher temperature or the bottom crust will burn.) Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Open cake mix and remove 3/4 cup of the dry mix. Set this aside for the topping.
Crust: In a medium bowl, combine the remainder of the cake mix, butter, and egg. Beat until smooth with a mixer. Dough will be very thick and sticky. Press mixture evenly in bottom of baking pan.
Filling: In a large bowl, combine pumpkin and all of the remaining filling ingredients. Beat until well mixed. Pour over crust.
Topping: In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup of the reserved dry cake mix and all remaining topping ingredients. Beat with mixer until blended. Crumble mixture over the filling.
Bake for 55 - 65 minutes or until topping is brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 130 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 16 Cholesterol, mg.: 30 Fiber, gm.: 0.4
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say