This is one of those quick and easy recipes that is full of flavor and healthy too!
1 tablespoon canola oil 1 medium onion, chopped 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 can (30 ounces) petite diced canned tomatoes 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin 2 can (15 ounces each) black beans*, drained and rinsed 2 cans (15 ounces each) fat-free chicken broth 1 teaspoon cumin 2 tablespoons dry sherry, optional salt and pepper to taste 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream, optional
In a large soup pot, heat oil. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, beans, broth, and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Add sherry if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in individual bowl and garnish with a dollop of sour cream if desired. Makes 12 cups
* Note: For more flavor choose seasoned canned black beans or one can of seasoned beans and on can of regular black beans. Do not rinse the seasoned beans.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories:200 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 10 Carbs, gm.: 32 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 11.7
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration