This is one of those quick and easy recipes that is full of flavor and healthy too!
1 tablespoon canola oil 1 medium onion, chopped 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 can (30 ounces) petite diced canned tomatoes 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin 2 can (15 ounces each) black beans*, drained and rinsed 2 cans (15 ounces each) fat-free chicken broth 1 teaspoon cumin 2 tablespoons dry sherry, optional salt and pepper to taste 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream, optional
In a large soup pot, heat oil. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, beans, broth, and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Add sherry if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in individual bowl and garnish with a dollop of sour cream if desired. Makes 12 cups
* Note: For more flavor choose seasoned canned black beans or one can of seasoned beans and on can of regular black beans. Do not rinse the seasoned beans.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories:200 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 10 Carbs, gm.: 32 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 11.7
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK