Prepare a quick and easy dinner for your Valentine by pan-grilling pork tenderloin and dressing it up with this tasty sauce. Chicken breasts would go well with this sauce too.
3/4 pound pork tenderloin seasoned salt and pepper to taste 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
Sauce:1/4 cup honey mustard 1/4 cup sugar-free apricot preserves 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth, divided
Cut pork tenderloin into 2 inch thick medallions. Sprinkle with seasoned salt (e.g. Lawry?s) and pepper. Set aside. Place oil in medium skillet. Set aside.
To prepare sauce, combine honey mustard, apricot preserves, and 1/4 cup chicken broth in a small saucepan. Stir to mix. Cook over medium heat until mixture is warm and blended. Add additional chicken broth to thin to the desired consistency. Set aside.
When ready to serve, heat oil in skillet. Add pork medallions and cook over medium-hot heat until brown on all sides and cooked until the middle is slightly pink. Do not overcook. Serve pork tenderloin with the warm sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 290 Fat, gm. 11 Protein, gm. 40 Carbs, gm. 8 Cholesterol, mg. 110 Fiber, gm. 0
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry