You will get rave reviews for this warmly seasoned combination of peaches and cranberries, served with browned pork chops!
- 4 lean boneless loin pork chops (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 16 ounces canned sliced peaches in light syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chops on each side. In a small bowl combine peach syrup, (set peaches aside), cranberries, brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
Stir to blend. Pour into pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until cranberries have popped and are tender. Remove pork chops from pan. Mix cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water and add to the pan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Add peaches to pan and heat through. Add water to thin if sauce is too thick. Serve warm sauce over chops.
Note: Raspberry flavored canned peaches are especially good in this recipe.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- Calories 370
- Fat, gm. 10
- Protein, gm. 36
- Carb. gm. 34
- Cholesterol, mg. 110
- Fiber medium
Magic Spices Donna L. Weihofen Senior Nutritionist, University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother