Combine delectable lean pork chops with the colorful, health-promoting nutrients of cranberries.
1/2 tablespoon canola oil
1 1/4 pounds pork loin chops
salt and pepper
1 cup whole cranberry sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup low calorie cranberry juice
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Place chops in skillet and cook over medium hot heat until brown on both sides yet the middle is slightly pink. (Cut into one of the chops to check for doneness.) Remove chops from pan and set aside. In a small bowl or jar, combine all sauce ingredients. Pour into skillet and bring to a boil. Continue to boil gently until sauce is reduced in half. Return pork chops to the pan and heat through. Serve pork chops on a platter or individual plates and top with sauce.
Note: It is important not to over cook the pork chops. They will be tender and delectable if cooked only a short time. It is safe to serve pork slightly pink in the middle. If using a meat thermometer, cook pork until 155 ? 160 degrees in the middle.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 15
Protein, gm. 22
Carbs, gm. 44
Cholesterol, mg. 70
Fiber, gm 0.9
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs