Combine delectable lean pork chops with the colorful, health-promoting nutrients of cranberries.
1/2 tablespoon canola oil
1 1/4 pounds pork loin chops
salt and pepper
1 cup whole cranberry sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup low calorie cranberry juice
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Place chops in skillet and cook over medium hot heat until brown on both sides yet the middle is slightly pink. (Cut into one of the chops to check for doneness.) Remove chops from pan and set aside. In a small bowl or jar, combine all sauce ingredients. Pour into skillet and bring to a boil. Continue to boil gently until sauce is reduced in half. Return pork chops to the pan and heat through. Serve pork chops on a platter or individual plates and top with sauce.
Note: It is important not to over cook the pork chops. They will be tender and delectable if cooked only a short time. It is safe to serve pork slightly pink in the middle. If using a meat thermometer, cook pork until 155 ? 160 degrees in the middle.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 15
Protein, gm. 22
Carbs, gm. 44
Cholesterol, mg. 70
Fiber, gm 0.9
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart