Enjoy the flavors of fall.
1 pound lean pork loin, cut 1 inch thick 3 tablespoons flour 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1 teaspoon thyme 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided 1 large onion, diced 12 ounces beer 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed 2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional salt and pepper to taste 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Combine flour, salt, pepper, and thyme in a plastic bag. Add pork cubes. Close bag and shake until meat is coated. Set aside. In a large skillet or cooking pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and onions.
Cook over medium heat until translucent. Remove onions from pan and set aside. Add additional tablepoon oil to pan and place meat cubes in pan. Cook over medium heat until brown on all sides. Add beer and stir to deglaze the pan. Return onions to the pan. Add rosemary and squash cubes. Cover, and gently boil for 25 - 35 minutes or until squash is tender.
If a thicker broth is desired, mix cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water. Add cornstarch mixture to pan. Stir constantly until mixture thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley. Ladle into individual serving bowls.
Note: May be served over cooked noodles or mashed potatoes.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 280 Fat, gm. 12 Protein, gm. 21 Carb. gm. 22 Cholesterol, mg. 50 Fiber, gm. 2.3
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer