Add an array of color to you meal with this healthful relish.
1 can (15 ounces) corn, drained 1/2 medium green pepper, finely diced 1/2 medium red pepper, finely diced 2 tablespoons chopped parsley 1/2 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
Dressing 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1 tablespoon Splenda or sugar 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
In a medium bowl, combine corn, peppers, parsley, and pomegranate arils. Set aside. In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice and sugar. Bring to a boil, and continue to boil until reduced by half. Add oil and vinegar. Pour over corn mixture. Stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir to blend before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 120 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 24 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 3.0
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart