Add an array of color to you meal with this healthful relish.
1 can (15 ounces) corn, drained 1/2 medium green pepper, finely diced 1/2 medium red pepper, finely diced 2 tablespoons chopped parsley 1/2 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
Dressing 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1 tablespoon Splenda or sugar 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
In a medium bowl, combine corn, peppers, parsley, and pomegranate arils. Set aside. In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice and sugar. Bring to a boil, and continue to boil until reduced by half. Add oil and vinegar. Pour over corn mixture. Stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir to blend before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 120 Fat, gm.: 3 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 24 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 3.0
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture