This is an old German recipe that is impressive if served at the table or on a buffet. It is absolutely beautiful.
3/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup butter or margarine 1 egg 1/2 cup fat-free milk 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups flour 3 large fresh plums, pitted and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons butter or margarine 1/2 cup brown sugar 3 tablespoons flour 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. If using a glass or non-stick pan, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 7 x 11 or 9 x 9 inch baking pan. In a medium bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat well. Add egg and beat. Add milk, baking powder, and salt.
Beat until well blended. Stir in flour. Spread dough in pan. Top with rows of plums. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nuts. Stir to mix. Sprinkle over plums. Bake for 25 - 35 minutes or until lightly brown and set in the middle.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 250 Fat, gm. 8 Protein, gm. 3 Carb, gm 42 Cholesterol, mg 40 Fiber low
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire