Linda Weber of Cuba City sent in this recipe. Linda said, "I used to be a long time bartender and one of our most popular snacks were these pickled eggs!" Linda also told me, "I have a recipe for barbecued raccoon if you are ever interested sometime." I think I will pass on that one!
12 medium eggs
Pickling marinade2 cups apple cider vinegar 1/2 cup water 1 cup sugar 1 large onion, diced 2 tablespoons yellow mustard 1 tablespoon salt 1 tablespoon celery seed 1 tablespoon mustard seed 6 whole cloves
In a large pan, cook eggs in simmering hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and chill quickly under cold running water. Peel eggs and place in a large jar or bowl. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine all remaining marinade ingredients. Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Pour liquid mixture over eggs, making sure that all eggs are covered with the pickling marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight or longer.
Eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 ? 3 weeks.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 70 Fat, gm. 5 Protein, gm. 6 Carbs, gm. 0.5 Cholesterol, mg. 180 Fiber, gm. 0
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program