This recipe is fast and easy to make but it is sure to be a hit at your party. I love the color combination of the green pesto with the red tomatoes. The flavor with the pine nut topping is wonderful. It is hard to stop eating this one!
Mary Bruno of Madison and Sandy McClure of Verona shared this recipe.
4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened 1/3 cup pesto 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes. 3 tablespoons pine nut, toasted
Spread cream cheese evenly on a 9 inch serving plate. Spoon pesto on top and spread evenly. Arrange diced tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Serve with small crackers.
*Note: Chopped seeded and diced Roma tomatoes can be substituted for the sun dried tomatoes if desired.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 100 Fat, gm. 8 Protein, gm. 4 Carbs, gm. 2 Cholesterol, mg. 15 Fiber, gm. 0.4
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees