Enjoy this soft, sumptuous, and delicious pie. It is a lightened adaptation of the famous Derby Pie.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup Splenda
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup pecan halves
1/3 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup dark or light corn syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup bourbon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9-inch pie pan, combine graham cracker crumbs, Splenda, and butter. Mix well with a fork. Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom and sides of the pan. Spray lightly with butter spray. Arrange pecan halves on bottom of the piecrust. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. In a medium bowl, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla, and eggs. Beat with hand mixer. Pour into crust. Bake for 25 - 35 minutes or until set in the middle.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm. 13
Protein, gm. 4
Carb. gm. 51
Cholesterol, mg. 80
Fiber, gm. 1.3
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say