These are now my favorite peanut butter cookies because they are so light and tender. Note that they are made without eggs.
1 cup trans-fat free shortening 1 cup brown sugar 1 cup sugar 1 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk 2 cups flour 3/4 cup rolled oats, (raw)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets. In a large bowl, combine shortening, brown sugar, and sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat until light. Add peanut butter and beat until blended. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, and buttermilk. Beat well. Add flour and oatmeal. Beat until well blended. Form dough into small walnut sized balls and place on cookie sheet. Using a fork, press down on each piece of dough.
Bake 8 - 10 minutes or just until cookie is beginning to brown. Do not over-bake. Let cookie set on baking sheet for 1 - 2 minutes to prevent them from breaking when removed.
Cool on a rack.
Place on a plate or in a cookie tin. When completely cool, cover tightly.
Note: Handle gently. These cookies are very tender.
Makes 85 small cookies
Nutritional Information per cookie:
Calories: 65 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 7 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 0.3
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head