These are now my favorite peanut butter cookies because they are so light and tender. Note that they are made without eggs.
1 cup trans-fat free shortening 1 cup brown sugar 1 cup sugar 1 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk 2 cups flour 3/4 cup rolled oats, (raw)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets. In a large bowl, combine shortening, brown sugar, and sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat until light. Add peanut butter and beat until blended. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, and buttermilk. Beat well. Add flour and oatmeal. Beat until well blended. Form dough into small walnut sized balls and place on cookie sheet. Using a fork, press down on each piece of dough.
Bake 8 - 10 minutes or just until cookie is beginning to brown. Do not over-bake. Let cookie set on baking sheet for 1 - 2 minutes to prevent them from breaking when removed.
Cool on a rack.
Place on a plate or in a cookie tin. When completely cool, cover tightly.
Note: Handle gently. These cookies are very tender.
Makes 85 small cookies
Nutritional Information per cookie:
Calories: 65 Fat, gm.: 4 Protein, gm.: 1 Carbs, gm.: 7 Cholesterol, mg.: 0 Fiber, gm.: 0.3
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'