You and your kids will love this crunch snack treat!
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup pancake syrup, low calorie
2 cups low fat granola*
1 cup pretzels
1/2 cup peanuts
1 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Butter a large baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and pancake syrup. Stir to mix. Add granola, pretzels, and peanuts. Stir to mix. Spread mixture in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir occasionally during baking.
Add cranberries to granola mixture. Stir to mix. Return pan to oven but turn oven off. Cool mixture in closed oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Note: Many granola mixtures are high in fat and calories. One good low fat granola is Kashi Go Lean Crunch ? a high protein and high fiber cereal.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 215 Fat, gm. 6 Protein, gm. 6 Carbs, gm. 34 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm. 3.3
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK