You and your kids will love this crunch snack treat!
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup pancake syrup, low calorie
2 cups low fat granola*
1 cup pretzels
1/2 cup peanuts
1 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Butter a large baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and pancake syrup. Stir to mix. Add granola, pretzels, and peanuts. Stir to mix. Spread mixture in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir occasionally during baking.
Add cranberries to granola mixture. Stir to mix. Return pan to oven but turn oven off. Cool mixture in closed oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Note: Many granola mixtures are high in fat and calories. One good low fat granola is Kashi Go Lean Crunch ? a high protein and high fiber cereal.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories 215 Fat, gm. 6 Protein, gm. 6 Carbs, gm. 34 Cholesterol, mg. 0 Fiber, gm. 3.3
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers